Here is a quick and easy way to save money. I save over $500 a year with little effort by always using
a cash back credit card for ALL of my purchases.
- Pay EVERYTHING with a cash back credit card (bills, groceries, gas, restaurants, movies, toys)
- NEVER pay for anything with cash unless ABSOLUTELY necessary
- NEVER pay for anything with an ATM card
- Always pay the credit card on time each month to avoid late fees
- Always pay the FULL balance for the credit card each month (Never pay only the minimum due)
- NEVER use a credit card to make a large purchase on credit that you can't afford to pay for that month
Here is one of my favorite cash back credit cards:
American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card
Blue Cash Everyday Card
$200 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
||Earn $200 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. You will receive the $200 back in the form of a statement credit.
||Earn cash back
3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets*
2% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
2% Cash Back at select U.S. department stores
1% Cash Back on other purchases
*Up to $6000 per year in purchases
Terms and limitations apply.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. Cash back cannot be used to pay your Minimum Due.
Here are some more tips with the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card. They also have more cash back
offers that they will tell you about from time to time but you have to activate them by clicking "Add to Card".
So be sure and add all the offers that you can use. Here are some examples:
Save on your cable or satellite TV bill. Get 10% back
FedEx Office Print Services. Spend $10 or more, get $5 back
Olive Garden. Spend $40 or more, get $10 back
VerizonWireless.com. Spend $100 or more, get $25 back. Up to 2x
To make sure you are notified about these offers, login to your account
at americanexpress.com and go to Account Services -> Communication and Privacy Preferences
-> General Marketing Email Preferences. Under Special Offers make sure they are all set
Last updated on August 20, 2018
Created on January 8, 2017